It look's like you don't have Adobe Flash Player installed. Get it now.
Springfield firefighters are reminding folks that if you’re going to use a kerosene heater or other form of alternative heating, you need to keep a few safety tips in mind. KSMU’s Jennifer Davidson reports.
Last Thursday in Springfield, firefighters responded to a housefire caused by a kerosene heater. According to a release from the city, the resident in that home tried to move the burning heater outside, but the heater tipped and spilled fuel, which only fed the fire.
So, the fire department is offering a few reminders for using alternative heating—-including space heaters, wood stoves, pellet stoves.
For fuel-burning heaters:
For electric space heaters:
And for wood and pellet-burning stoves:
And as always, the fire department says to make sure smoke alarms have fresh batteries, and that you have a carbon monoxide detector.
For KSMU News, I’m Jennifer Davidson.