Love is in the air, and on the Art Walk, in February. Join First Friday Art Walk on February 1st from 6:00 to 10:00pm for live art, live music, and a few surprises in 27 participating venues. A favorite Art Walk event returns with the Fifth Annual "Hearts for the Arts" Exhibition and Silent Auction at The Creamery Arts Center. Bid on 55 original, heart-themed artworks to support Springfield Regional Arts Council’s arts education programming. Other highlights of the February Walk include:
• Abundant Life Covenant Church brings the mission experience to Park Central Square with "Mission Honduras."
• Canvas Gallery presents featured artist Keenan Scott, and unveils its new emphasis, the one-hour art program "8x10 Focus."
• Good Girl Art Gallery takes a daring, adults-only turn with its February show: Per (your) Version by artist Michael Kemp.
• Obelisk Home at the Inspired Commerce Building will present "Just Being: The Art of Janene Moser."
• Art Walk’s university-sponsored galleries return in February with a wide variety of shows at Drury Pool Art Center Gallery, OTC Fine Art Gallery at The Gillioz and MSU’s Brick City Gallery, Center of International Programs and Student Exhibition Center.
• Nomad presents live music and live art; RSVPaint invites you to watch a painting class in action – or join in by registering at www.rsvpaint.com; and The Gillioz Theatre’s First Friday Live features art by painter Jake Bush and Southern rock played by The Bootheel. Doors open at 8 p.m.; the music starts at 9:30. The concert is free for age 21 and up; $3 for under 21. For more information on First Friday Art Walk, call 862-2787 ext. 25 or visit www.ffaw.org.