Local News and Arts Shows
KSMU staff and volunteers combine to bring you several specialty shows on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis. Browse the news and arts series below for schedules, show descriptions, archives and related content.
In this program, you're taken somewhere new in the world each month as we interview an Ozarks resident who was born in a different country. Join us to hear about other cultures, traditions, and the diversity we have here in the Ozarks.
- Every Friday morning, Randy Stewart talks with artists, performers, directors and administrators from the area visual and performing arts scene, and presents a comprehensive calendar of arts events.
- This monthly program features Missouri State University President Clif Smart discussing the implications of national and international events on the University and local community. Join us as we look at current events and public affairs through a local lens.
- In cooperation with Springfield-based Community Foundation of the Ozarks, which has more than 40 affiliate foundations across southern Missouri, this bi-monthly program focuses on a topic that explores how volunteerism and philanthropic efforts address community needs.
- The League of Women Voters of Southwest Missouri brings you this weekly program, which covers a variety of topics related to the Ozarks and democracy.
- The Missouri State Journal is a weekly program keeping you in touch with Missouri State University.
- Rountree fifth grade students share news of what's happening at their school each month. Rountree News is part of a Partners in Education relationship between KSMU and Rountree Elementary.
- From poverty concerns to major policy decisions, this series dives beyond the headlines to provide in-depth coverage of issues facing people and organizations in the Ozarks. KSMU's team of reporters combine for 10 stories each quarter, to air the final weeks of March, June, September and December.
- Join us for a monthly radio essay by longtime Ozarks storyteller Marideth Sisco, in which she looks at the unique traditions and traits of this region we call home.
- Find out what's taking place each Friday, Saturday and Sunday in the Ozarks as you plan your weekend.