For February 28, 2009; we featured Doc Watson going fishin', the Johnson Mountain Boys stompin' in Georgia, Charlie Waller and the Country Gentlemen walkin' on the fightin' side, Marty Stuart going down the road, Rhonda Vincent and Dolly Parton alibying, Larry Cordle feeling some hard times, and some other "goood" bluegrass tunes.
Seldom Heard Music - February 28, 2009
Artist, "album", label #Songs
1. Dreadful Snakes, "Snakes Alive", Rounder 177Brown County BreakdownWho's That Knocking At My DoorTravelin' Down That Lonesome RoadLonesome Whistle Blues
2. Larry Cordle and Lonesome Standard Time, Murder on Music Row, Shell Point Records SPCD1001 I Know How It Feels Hard Times Buck's Run Long Enough To Make Me Blue
3. Marty Stuart, "Busy Bee Café", Sugar Hill SH3726Down the RoadLong Train Gone
4. Carl Jackson and John Starling, "Spring Training", Sugar Hill SH 3789Hold Your HorsesI'm Not Over You
5. Rhonda Vincent, "All-American Bluegrass Girl", Rounder 580Heartbreaker's AlibiRhythm Of the WheelsDon't ActPrecious Jewel
6. Doc Watson, "The Vanguard Years", Vanguard Pro 711The Train That Carried My Girl From TownBlue Railroad TrainNew River Train
7. Doc Watson, "Elementary Doctor Watson", Sugar Hill SH 3812I'm Goin' Fishin'
8. Charlie Waller and the Country Gentlemen, "Songs Of the American Spirit", Pinecastle PRC 1138Fighting Side Of MeBetween Fire and WaterMy Heart is on the MendRiver of Tears
9. Johnson Mountain Boys, "Favorites", Rounder 11509Georgia StompMaking Up StoriesLet's Part the Best of FriendsI've Found A Hiding Place
10. Mark Delaney, "Sidecar", Patuxent Music CD-175Baby Blue EyesI'll Go Steppin' TooFireball Express